- tate college and university: any of the
State colleges or universities established pursuant to chapter 64 of Title 18A
of the New Jersey Statutes including any State college designated as a teaching
- "Public Research University” means Rutgers, Rowan University, the New
Jersey Institute of Technology, and Montclair State University.
- Public colleges and universities: state colleges and universities, PLUS the public research
universities, and the 19 county colleges.
- County Colleges: two-year public colleges governed by New
Jersey’s counties. with each institution serving one of New Jersey’s 21
counties; however, Atlantic Cape Community College and Raritan Valley Community
College each serve two counties. Also known as “community colleges.”
- The Carnegie
Classification of Institutions of Higher Education: a
national framework for classifying colleges and universities in the United
States. The framework primarily serves educational and research purposes, where
it is often important to identify groups of roughly comparable
institutions. The classification includes all accredited,
degree-granting colleges and universities in the United States that are
represented in the National Center for
Education Statistics Integrated
Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Graduation rate: percentage of full-time, first-time, degree-/certificate-seeking
students who graduate or complete their program at the same institution where
they started within a specified timeframe, under federal data collection via
IPEDS (see below), graduate rates do not include part-time students, transfer
students, and students who begin mid-year are not included.
- Completion rate: percentage of all students – full-time,
part-time, and transfer students – who complete their degree at their starting
institution or complete their degree at a different institution.
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS): a system of interrelated
surveys conducted annually by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), part
of the Institute for Education Sciences within
the United States Department of Education.. The completion
of all IPEDS surveys is mandatory for all institutions that participate in, or
are applicants for participation in, any federal financial assistance program.
January 9, 2019